Loading...

Low Carb Chicken Fajita Soup




I love experimenting with new low carb/keto recipes. Especially when they are easy and my entire family enjoys the finished product. Since I’m a very busy mom of 4, I am always looking for ways to change up a recipe I currently already make that we love into something a little different. It helps me not to get in a dinnertime rut. Otherwise, I end up cooking the same things week after week. My family loves my Queso Soup recipe. In fact, my kids ask for it all the time. So, I thought why not change out the ground beef for chicken and a couple of other changes to make Chicken Fajita Soup instead. My 13-year-old daughter really enjoys cooking with me, so I grabbed her yesterday afternoon and we got to work. The finished product was delish, so much so that my 2-year-old ate it for dinner last night and lunch today. If you’ve got a 2-year-old, you know how opinionated they can be about their meals

Ingredients


  • 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 cup chicken broth this is to pour over chicken in slow cooker
  • 1 onion chopped
  • 1 green pepper chopped
  • 3 garlic cloves minced
  • 1 tablespoon of butter
  • 6 oz cream cheese
  • 2 10 oz cans diced tomatoes with green chilis
  • 2½ cups chicken broth
  • ½ cup heavy whipping cream
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons of homemade taco seasoning recipe here or 1 packet of taco seasoning
  • salt and pepper to tast


Instructions


  1. Cook boneless skinless chicken breasts in a slow cooker for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low in a cup of chicken broth. Season with salt/pepper.
  2. When chicken is cooked through, remove from slow cooker and shred. (You can strain the leftover broth for the soup.)
  3. In a large saucepan saute green pepper, onion, and garlic in 1 tablespoon of butter until they are translucent.
  4. With a spoon mash the cream cheese into the veggies so that it will combine smoothly as it melts.
  5. Add the canned tomatoes, chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, and taco seasoning.
  6. Simmer on low uncovered for 20 minutes.
  7. Add chicken, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
  8. Add salt and pepper to taste.
  9. Enjoy!
  10. Optional: Top each bowl with shredded cheese, cilantro, and/or sour cream.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Loading...

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Loading...

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel

Loading...